Software Developer – Long Island – Perm
Leading company, based in Suffolk County, LI, (LIE exit 68 – near Brookhaven National Laboratory) seeks a software developer.
Interested applicants should apply to jshapiro@ jmstechsolutions.com
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small team that is responsible for building dynamic web applications for scholarly publishing. The developer is expected to have a strong web development background with the ability to work across all tiers of an application (backend, front-end, API layer, etc.).
* Experience with full lifecycle development in a modern dynamic language (Ruby, Python).
* Ability to create modular, object oriented code that is clear, maintainable and utilizes design patterns and other best practices.
* Strong unix skills (Linux/FreeBSD/Mac OS X preferred).
* Strong data modeling and database skills including experience with an RDBMS (MySQL preferred) as well as NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Redis, Riak, HBase, etc.).
* Experience with agile development methodologies including rapid prototyping, test driven development (TDD, BDD), continuous integration, etc.
* Experience building dynamic websites with frameworks such as Rails, sinatra, Django, etc.
* Experience designing and implementing API’s and service components using REST, RPC, messaging, etc.
* Experience configuring web servers and application deployment environments (Apache httpd, nginx, Tomcat, Capistrano, etc.).