jmsjobs JMS Technical Solutions
The Talent Source
The IS Support Specialist provides onsite technical support to local office staff and clients to resolve PC software, PC hardware, personal data assistant, telephony, multimedia, printing, and connectivity problems. Configures and installs new or replacement PC’s, personal data assistants, printers, telephone systems, and other technology tools. Provides daily and after-hours network, computer operations, and telephony support as necessary. Supports meeting-related data connectivity, including setup & support of video and telephone conferences, and multimedia projectors as necessary to assist the Audio/Visual Support personnel. Advocates to customers the firm’s technology “best practices” based on what is identified by the trainers, other members of IS Support, and other IS groups to ensure that clients can work most efficiently & productively.
- Provides onsite customer support for all LAN- based, and PC-based applications offered by the firm. Sets up and configures laptop & desktop PC’s and personal data assistants for staff and lawyers. Identifies, researches and resolves technical problems through coordination with others in IS Support.
- Responds to telephone, email, and in-person requests for technical support.
- Tracks and monitors all issues to insure timely and effective resolution, escalating to others in IS Support and overall IS as necessary to realize issue resolution. Works with the staff and lawyers to ensure that they understand how to use the technology tools available to them, to enable them to realize the highest level of productivity by minimizing recurrence of use-related issues.
- Identifies areas in which local office support is deficient and develops the skills necessary to address the deficiency through coordination with the IS Support Supervisor, Office Administrator, and IS Training.
- Configures and installs new or replacement PC’s, personal data assistants, printers, telephone systems, and other technology tools.
- Provides multimedia meeting support as necessary to assist the Audio/Visual Support personnel, including the support of projectors and video & teleconference systems.
- Assists in testing new software & hardware and provides feedback as necessary.
- Performs daytime, after-hours, and weekend LAN, server, and telephony maintenance on behalf of the IS Networking and IS Operations groups as necessary, which may require short notice to travel to the office outside of normal business hours in the event of a system outage events. Contributes to the firm’s Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels at WH.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of software and hardware configurations and software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use PC-based word processing, on-line technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software currently in use at WH. Exceptional oral and written communication skills as necessary to translate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Clear articulation of activity, solutions, and business needs in electronic format, such as email.
- Familiarity with issue & request tracking in a service management tool. Demonstrated ability to provide face-to-face, telephone, and email support. Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively with little supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to compile, review, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information, which is varied in content and format.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred with substantial coursework in information systems or equivalent experience. Microsoft Office Specialist certifications (MOS) in Word and Outlook and Certified Professional certification(s) strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a structured client service technology position including two years of hands-on PC hardware, operating system, and software support.
- Must have advanced experience with Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2000.
- Experience with remote access technologies, including VPN, wireless and dial-up, and effective performance of Internet research, and specialized programs to support the legal community (e.g.: Lexis, Westlaw, etc.) are required.
- 10 Apr, 2017
- Chelsea Robinson
- 0 Comments