Client is seeking a Director of Release Management for their IT team.
We are looking for a leader experienced in Software Release Management working with AGILE teams. Has a relentless pursuit for excellence, and is a great communicator.
You will be part of our technology organization, working closely with other IT teams across Market America/SHOP.COM and will have an opportunity to help build our continuous release processes for the enterprise. You will work across various parts of IT & Business, work with other IT leaders, learn new technologies and have fun!
You must have significant leadership and management experience, and also technical expertise to drive technology release strategy, execution, and improvements across our development life cycle including: Continuous Release & Deployment, Continuous Integration & Testing, Continuous Deployment & Monitoring, Configuration & Asset management, Containerization & Virtual Management.
You should be someone that brings new thinking and is excited with the challenge of driving change, new technologies and consistent processes. We want someone who relentlessly pursues excellence, is a deep and broad technical expert, and can build trusting relationships across teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead a team of engineers who automate & build release pipelines used across businesses and customers in the US and globally in 10 countries.
• Contribute to shaping our future DevOps strategy, teams, and platform for MA/SHOP.COM
• Partner and create strong relationships with our business leaders and other technology leaders.
• Manage end-to-end availability, security, and performance of mission-critical release practices and environments.
• Design and Develop a pipeline that minimizes manual involvement and leading continuous improvements that create an operating environment that includes dynamically monitoring, alerting, and automated self-healing and recovery.
• Evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations on future directions, including vendor management
• Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services
• Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum methodologies
Years of Experience: 5-10 minimum
Education and Experience
• BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
• Proven leader who thinks strategically, communicates with influence, and builds trusting relationships
• Strong experience operating mission critical systems
• Strong communicator who can build trusting relationships across teams and business units
• Driver personality and proven delivery track record
• Firm sense of accountability, ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle with solid project management and communication skills.
• Experience with capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
• Advanced understanding of distributed systems architecture
• Advanced understanding of DevOps tools including VSTS, Jenkins, Urban Code, Bamboo, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Artifactory, Sonatype, kubernetes, kafka
• Understanding of Scrum Agile methodology and working on Agile team
• Understanding of Azure, and experience with AWS and Google cloud platforms
• Experience with Docker containers and Microservices preferred
• Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
• Passionate for making things better and driving action
• Brings new thinking to challenge existing technology and processes & drive change across the organization.
• Desire to understand our businesses and users
• Strong levels of English speaking, writing, and reading comprehension; active listening; critical thinking; complex problem solving; analysis; programming; troubleshooting; judgment; documentation; Agile; Software Development Lifecycle; Build/Release management principles.
This position is based in Greensboro NC. Not a telecommuting position.