Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to join our technology team in Monterey, CA.
As a QA Engineer, you will work under the guidance the QA Manager. You will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on effective testing practices and will establish standards for test planning, defect management, manual, and/or automated testing. You will also be responsible for performing the development, modifications, and maintenance of web applications. This position comes with leadership responsibility. A deeper understanding of software quality assurance processes, practices and business rules will be expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and be fully responsible for Quality Assurance for the QA Team.
- Lead the creation of manual test cases and/or automated test scripts as QA maturity evolves leverage automation as much as possible.
- Understand the strengths of the Test Engineering Team (manual/automation) and assign tasks appropriately.
- Mentor and coach the Test Engineers /Test Automation Engineers.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects and/or tasks.
- Assist with application integration triage assisting Development and QA with areas such as application settings and configuration, security issues, system logging and general application monitoring.
- Collaborate with PM, Architecture, and Development Teams to ensure the appropriate testing being completed, such as unit, feature/functionality, system. regression, load, and production testing.
- Collaborate with Development and Release Teams for deployments into test environments.
- Oversee the design, development, maintenance, and execution of automated test scripts for all sites using Selenium.
- Attend project team Scrum sprint planning meetings.
- Conduct peer reviews of team members code to ensure accuracy of project criteria and for standards.
- Enforce and maintain standard software quality assurance operating procedures and practices for testing.
- Create the testing procedures and practices inclusive of test plans, test cases and test summary reporting using Test Case Management tools such as TestLink.
- Provide QA support during all code deployments (manual and/or automated).
- Provide functional and regression testing on all JIRA tickets to ensure that requirements are fully met for all new features and enhancements.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Math or related field. Or combination of equivalent experience, education and training.
- English reading comprehension, writing, and speaking, critical thinking, complex problem solving, analysis and evaluations, trouble shooting, judgment, active listening, mathematics, and programming.
- 3-5 years designing and developing manual and/or automated testing and writing test plans and cases.
- Possess a proven track record of development of manual test plans, test cases, and/or automation frameworks and test suite
- Preferred knowledge and experience with Test Case Management tools such as (Quality center/ALM, Rational Quality Manager, and TestLink)
- 3-5 years JAVA experience or like programming experience (optional)
- Knowledge and experience with Mobile and Desktop Test Automation practices and techniques (optional)
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration (optional)
- Knowledge and experience with SCRUM
- Knowledge and experience with Database Programming and SQL
- Self-motivated and results oriented
Client offers competitive salary and generous benefits, including health, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
This position is based in Monterey, California. Not a telecommuting position.