The Systems Support Technician will provide technology support for the various computer and communication platforms in the company. This involves troubleshooting hardware, software, local area networks, Retail Point of Sales systems as well as voice and data communication networks. This position will provide tier two support and assist remote users with the installation and upgrade of new and existing technologies.
Our associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
The position reports directly to the Manager of IT Technical Services and is located in Sunderland, Vermont. This is a non-exempt (hourly), individual contributor role with no direct reports. The System Support Technician will interface with Information Technology (IT) and functional department associates. There will be limited contact with vendors outside the company.
- Provide World Class customer service while implementing business solutions and resolving technical issues
- Maintain all technologies so that end user downtime is minimized
- Show a pattern of continual technical skill and professional growth through formal and peer education opportunities
- Improve user productivity by teaching the system basics and alerting management to areas or users that need more training
- Install, troubleshoot and fix PCs, Printers, Peripherals & network technology
- Train local and remote end users on various hardware, software and network technology
- Provide complete documentation for solutions
- Provide backup support of network, system, and software administration
- Support of peer System Support Technicians as required
- Assist in the maintenance of IT hardware and software inventories
- Assist in the administration of telephone and voice mail systems as necessary
- Assist in the administration of LAN’s as necessary
- Provide tier 2 hardware and software incident support with service levels
- Provide onsite support for local and remote events and functions as needed
The Systems Support Technician will have a well-rounded working knowledge of various computer platforms, hardware, software, and peripherals. The position requires oral and written communications skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Familiarity with Microsoft Operating systems as well as the Microsoft Office Suite is required. IT degree in related discipline or equivalent experience desired. A+ certification, Call Center or Retail Point of Sale technology experience is a plus.