Summary Installs, modifies, and repairs personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training of system to employees. Conducts day-to-day problem solving and maintenance of servers and network infrastructure. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support and application support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. These duties, excluding travel assignments, are expected to be performed at our location during business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Inspects personal computer equipment and reads order sheet listing user requirements to prepare microcomputer for delivery
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on user’s premises
- Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer
- Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Instructs employees in use of equipment, software, and manuals
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems
- Coordinates activities with help desk, network services, or other information systems groups
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction
- Performs PC hardware and software setup, configuration, troubleshooting in a networked environment
- Maintains and tests rotating backups of servers, desktops, and laptops
- Provides end user support and remote access support and resolves user questions and problems
- Provides technical support to end-users, responding to potentially complex problems; must provide accurate and timely solutions
- Responsible for software configurations and updates, hardware maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Helps in creating documentation of computer installation and maintenance procedures
- Proves technical support for several of the network companies that have little or no on-site support
- Coordinates installation and testing of video conferencing equipment and VolP (direct dial) for all network companies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BS/BA preferably in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 2+ years of IT experience and customer service.
Working knowledge of current Microsoft Operation Systems and Office software packages, Windows Deployment Server or other imaging system tools, Network connectivity troubleshooting skills, Printer troubleshooting skills, Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile.
VMware big plus.
Working knowledge of MAC Operating Systems and Citrix Xenapp a plus