Our client, based in Secaucus, NJ has a 6 months + contract opportunity for a Cognos Developer.
The BI Developer will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise wide reporting solution related to customer using Cognos. The BI Developer will work primarily with data modeler, ETL, and BI Manager to design business intelligence and operational reporting solutions.
• Design, develop, test, and deliver self-service infrastructure and business intelligence (BI) content including reports and dashboards to business professional using the IBM Cognos BI toolset
• Develop best practices for solutions that help end users access and analyze data in data warehouse, data marts, and operational systems
• Perform early stage analysis of reporting requests to formulate high level approach and estimates
• Analyze end user requirements to design report mock-ups specifications and production reports
• Assist business users with Cognos Ad-Hoc reporting and troubleshooting post-production issues
• Articulate data sourcing and data model requirements to ETL and database resources and collaborates on development
• Analyze report SQL and implement changes to optimize query performance
• Gather requirements from business users, communicate status updates, and coordinate user acceptance testing and issue management.
• Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of BI reporting processes and standards
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of related experience in Cognos BI Reporting toolkit
• Experience in Cognos 8.x / 10.x: Report Studio, Query Studio, Framework manager, Analysis Studio
• Experience with DB2 and Netezza
• Retail industry experience a plus
Skills and Behaviors:
• Excellent SQL and Cognos SDK skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Strong critical listening and thinking skills