- Assisting the Director to evaluate the organization’s security needs and establish best practices and standards accordingly.
- Handle all Cyber requests submitted through the Help Desk ticketing system quickly and efficiently, including assisting in any security breach investigations.
- Designing, implementing, maintaining, overseeing, and upgrading all security measures needed to protect organizations’ data, systems, and networks.
- Develop or implement open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats.
- Ensure various system’s logs collected and perform regular audit checks.
- Troubleshooting all security issues and incidents.
- Routinely conduct penetration testing and scanning to identify any vulnerabilities in the network and systems.
- Assist in the creation of procedures and knowledge base articles.
- Provide guidance on Cyber best practices to others within the IT department.
- Maintain active certifications and training.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- A degree in Cybersecurity, computer science, IT, systems engineering, or related qualification.
- 2-4 years of work experience with incident detection, incident response, and forensics.
- Various Industry Standard and Cisco security product certifications a plus.
- Experience with the functionality, operation, and maintenance of firewalls and various forms of endpoint security.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest Cyber Security trends and hacker tactics.
- Must be able to prioritize and quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems using a wide variety of tools.
- Respond to emergency situations effectively, maintaining poise and focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effectively communicate technical issues to System administrators in a clear, comprehensible manner.
- Commitment to quality and solution-oriented service.