JMS Technical Solutions, Inc. as Recruiter
The Talent Source
Our client in Katy, TX has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer
This is a full-time / direct-hire / on-site position
Reporting to the Manager IT Cyber Security, the Cyber Security Engineer will monitor the information security
environment identifying and responding to potential risks and if necessary mitigate those risks. In addition, the
Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for provisioning system access. You will apply advanced subject matter
knowledge to solve complex business issues and be regarded as a subject matter expert. You will support Cloud
initiatives by providing security recommendations and designing controls to protect IT assets in the Public cloud.
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or relevant field of required.
– Preferred; industry certifications in areas such as AWS, GCP, Azure Cloud, Certificate of Cloud Security
Knowledge (CCSK), and/or CISSP, CEH, CCNA and CompTIA Cloud+
– 3+ years of experience in working in information security in an enterprise environment
– Experience in administrating and managing enterprise-wide data loss prevention on premise and on cloud.
– Experience in designing, developing, managing, supporting and maintaining Cloud Access Security Broker
– Experience in configuring and installing various security devices and services (e.g., firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS,
– Experience in administrating and managing endpoint security, threat management solutions, and firewalls.
– Working experience on different types of Single-Sign-On (SSO), password reset, self-service, federated
identity, multi-factor authentication (MFA), and IAM products and services, including Identity as a Service
– Experience with application support and system trouble shooting preferred
– Working knowledge of database, networking, virtualization, and server hardware concepts.
– Foundational knowledge of Windows, Linux/Unix, and iSeries (AS400) Operating systems
– Working knowledge of database, networking, virtualization, and server hardware concepts
– Significant experience in the design and implementation of Security solutions.
– Demonstrated experience with Host and Network DLP tools configuration and management.
– Demonstrated strong experience with end point protection and vulnerability management tools, malware
prevention tools and Antivirus solutions.
– Demonstrated experience in configuration and management of security controls for Cloud Environments,
IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms.
– Thorough understanding of network Protocols and Network Traffic Analysis, Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention
Systems, Proxies, PKI and HSMs.
– Ability to analyze security systems logs, security tolls and data.
– Ability to work with different teams on concurrent projects.
– Ability to document project requirements, define KPIs and produce reports showing project progress.
– Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to interface effectively with individuals at
– Thorough working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Unix, Mac and Windows 10.
– Ability to remain organized, pay attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines.
– Analytical with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills.
– Ability to work well under pressure while consistently meeting time sensitive deadlines.
– Demonstrate capability in administrating and managing DLP solutions (both Cloud and on-premises) and to
analyze and detect Data exfiltration events through covert channels.
– Manage cloud app security broker (CASB), create, and enforce policies.
– Design and support Identity and Access Management solutions for the enterprise.
– Design and implement security controls to ensure the continued protection of the enterprise.
– Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network/connection issues related to
firewalls, VPN connections, IPS/IDS, SIEM, etc.
– Serves as IT Security SME for business and IT Project and Initiatives.
– Support the vulnerability management program and remediation efforts.
– Perform threat analysis and modeling to ensure controls in place continue to provide the needed coverage
for the enterprise.
– Support Cloud initiatives by providing security recommendations and designing controls to protect IT assets
in the Public cloud.
– Advanced understanding of incident management and vulnerability remediation with excellent technical
investigation and problem-solving skills.
– Perform Application security reviews for web and mobile applications.
– Collaborate in the IT security & Compliance Team to deliver holistic solutions.
Physical Requirements & Attendance:
– Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
– Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures, and rules governing professional staff behavior
Salary range based on experience: $100,000 – $115,000 annually + 10% bonus
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws