JMS Technical Solutions, Inc. as Recruiter
The Talent Source
Our client in East Rutherford, NJ has an opening for an IT Project Manager (retail experience is a plus)
This is a full-time / direct-hire / hybrid role
The IT Project Manager, PMO position is for you, if you would enjoy:
- Leading the delivery and planning of critical & highly complex projects within the IT portfolio
- Partnering with IT leadership and key business partners to ensure an on time and on budget delivery of all projects
- Being based out of our East Rutherford, New Jersey office, with a hybrid work-model
Key Accountabilities – your team is counting on you as a IT Project Manager, PMO to:
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Performs the overall day-to-day management of multiple projects to ensure that project objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints.
- Proven experience balancing the requirements and deadlines set from stakeholders with the prioritized backlog
- Responsible for project documentation including project plan, business & IT requirements and weekly status reports
- Facilitate regular project and update meetings to all levels within the organization
- Performs management of the risks of the project, including the development of contingency plans
- Manage project scope and change control and escalate issues where necessary
- Liaise with any vendors or suppliers in relation to the project
- Directs and motivates the project team
- Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources.
- Ensure project objectives are understood and met, ensuring that the Project Team members understand the requirements
- Ensure all groups are adequately consulted and are satisfied with each deliverable as it effects their specialist area
IT Project Manager, PMO Required Qualifications
- 6+ years project management experience; including experience managing large-scale complex projects
- Retail project management experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree or higher or equivalent work experience
- Self-starter / self-motivated, capable of staying on track and pursuing solutions without supervision
- Experience in the identification, assessment, and management of risks; able to manage the risks, not just the risk list.
- Strong track record of project delivery and benefits realization
- Experience in defining, implementing and coaching others in Project Management methodologies & governance
- Expertise in Portfolio/Demand management concepts and benefits; proven track record of implementing these concepts and delivering PPM benefits
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record managing multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Able to prepare and present information in business terms.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Skilled in developing effective partnership relationships with portfolio stakeholders
- Experience in strategic planning and analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills. Committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward looking
Some Company-Offered Benefits & Perks Include
- Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
- Universal Life Insurance
- Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
- 20% off Employee Discount
- Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
- Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
Salary range: $130K – $140K
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.