We have an opening for a Senior Applications Developer with a focus on SharePoint.
This position may sit in any of our U.S. offices with a preference for Los Angeles or New York.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager of Product Delivery, the Senior Applications Developer is responsible for analysis, design, documentation, development, unit testing, and support of SharePoint, must be able to standardize all SharePoint related objects and processes, while holding teams accountable for following standards specific to development, site management and security, and takes initiative to improve quality, maintainability and performance of the firm’s entire SharePoint environment.
In this capacity, the Senior Applications Developer will:
- Farm Administration – Knowledge of the different roles and features of the farm (Search, Business Data Catalog, User Profile Management with Integration to AD / external data sources, how to deploy/support 3rd party features and custom written features) and Office Online Services;
- Site Collection Administration – Knowledge of creating and maintaining different site collections within a given Web Application and best practices with content types, site columns, list templates, webparts both custom and 3rd party installed;
- Site Administration – Knowledge of how to create and maintain sites within a site collection – security, content types, site columns, lists, custom actions, Workflows, SharePoint designer support;
- Development – Knowledge of how to write custom features that can be deployed on-prem as farm features or deployed as solutions to SharePoint Online. Understanding of Client Script Object Model (CSOM), CSS, and good knowledge of C# language in the .net framework;
- Adhere to current standards, providing input to meet industry best practices;
- Develop, monitor and improve the use of SharePoint and Nintex workflow standards for their use throughout the organization;
- Work closely with other SharePoint resources to gather and implement technical recommendations for requirements;
- Work autonomously to gather business, functional, technical requirements from business users;
- Assist with SharePoint user training and documentation;
- Work with current development standards to maintain and implement UI designs and modifications;
- Leads the cross-agency SharePoint Governance Team with companywide standards, processes and policies;
- Utilize third party tools, including Nintex workflows and forms; and
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies.
- BA/BS degree required;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with SharePoint development;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Admin for SharePoint;
- Minimum 1 year experience with MS SQL Server 2012/2019 development including ETL;
- Strong communication and documentation skills;
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Extensive SharePoint Knowledge (On-Prem 2016+, and Office 365) (Farm Administration, Search Administration, Office Online Services, Site Collection Administration, Site Administration and Diagnostics / Troubleshooting);
- Basic Knowledge of ASP.NET, TSQL, SOAP, XML/JSON, CSS;
- Knowledge of T-SQL including complex SQL queries (ex: using various joins and sub-queries) T-SQL performance tuning techniques and best practices. Experience with SQL Server 2012-2019 required;
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel;
- Demonstrated technical leadership, attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must;
- Experience managing timelines and task priorities- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are required;
- Strong interpersonal skills – must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team co-operation;
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management software (e.g., TFS, GIT, JIRA); and
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices.