JMS Technical Solutions, as Recruiter
The Talent Source
Our client based in Roslyn, NY is has an opening on their team for a Senior Business Systems Analyst.
This is a fully on-site / full-time / direct hire position
Salary range based on experience: $120K – $140K
As a member of the IT development team, the Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for delivering
technical implementation tasks for business operation, configures the software, builds, and tests the application(s).
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is expected to document and to explain the implementation concepts to the
technical and business teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Designs the software configuration to meet the business process design and application requirements.
– Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, and documenting requirements and/or functional specifications as needed,
including determination of system impact and software configuration.
– Participate with business units and internal functions as appropriate throughout the development, testing, and
– Research and evaluate alternative approaches and recommend efficient and cost-effective solutions.
– Define business needs and elicit business requirements. Produce artifacts that accurately depict business needs
for product implementation such as business requirements and process flow diagrams.
– Prepare Test strategy/Test Plan and execute accordingly. Perform QA testing in configuration, software
modifications, reports/dashboard and any 3rd party integration.
– Works with other developers, designers, and architects to ensure the configuration and custom components
meet application requirements and performance goals.
– Understands the functional impact of various configuration options.
– Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education & Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree
– Experience with Malpractice insurance or Property/Casualty Insurance.
– Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst Experience with SQL and other report writing tools.
– Extensive experience with software applications, including Microsoft Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
– Experience with implementation of Insurance software Platform a plus.
– Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly interpret and relay information in a professional
– Strong ability to gather, organize, analyze and present data.
– Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
– Proven record of complex problem solving and decision making.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws