JMS Technical Solutions, Inc. as Recruiter
The Talent Source
Our client has an opening for a Senior Manager, Application Engineering, which may sit in any of their U.S. offices in the cities listed below:
NYC, Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco, San Diego, Palo Alto, Costa Mesa
This is a hybrid / direct hire / permanent position.
Salary range based on experience: $150K – $170K
The Senior Manager, Application Engineering works under direct supervision of the Director of Application Engineering. The Senior Manager, Application Engineering is a strong manager and leader who will provide day to day support and oversight of the Enterprise Systems team, will ensure the team is operating effectively and responsive to customer needs, drives the continued evolution of that team, and works with the Director of Application Engineering in setting strategy and driving complex legal technology projects to completion.
In this capacity, the Senior Manager, Application Engineering will:
- Day to day oversight of the Enterprise Applications team. Ensures white glove support to all our customers across the firm. Tracks and manages the work each member of the team is focused on. Makes sure we are fully leveraging all resources;
- Ownership and management of both on-premise enterprise systems and SaaS solutions including iManage 10, Workday, Elite 3E, the Litera suite and several other legal and business solutions;
- Responsible for the health, security and stability of environments owned. This includes regular maintenance, monitoring, backups, patching and upgrades as needed;
- Makes recommendations on strategy tied to systems owned such as iManage, the Litera suite, viRecruit, records management, etc. Recommendations are informed by strong knowledge of legal technology and current trends;
- Acts as project owner and drives progress on initiatives as assigned. Regularly reports progress up to the Director of Application Engineering;
- Play a lead role in the delivery of data analytics and reporting solutions for financial and legal data;
- Collaborates with Senior Managers of Product Delivery and Quality Assurance on technology projects and other initiatives;
- Develop and provide continuous improvement of application support processes. Create and maintain an application inventory, application metrics and associated reporting;
- Continued development of the team. Drive development of skills and expertise within the team. Mentor and support each individual. Actively work with them to support their success at the firm. Set and track clear, attainable performance goals for team members. Lead recruiting efforts as needed;
- Organizes and leads meetings;
- Act as a liaison with the business as needed. Engage with individuals at all levels across the firm;
- Regularly engages with other IT teams, InfoSec, and Vendor Management in support of new solutions;
- Owns relationships with key vendors. Manages contract renewals as needed for enterprise systems; and
- Budgeting and forecasting for the team.
- Strong manager and leader;
- Skilled at managing complex projects and driving them to completion;
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills;
- Deep understanding of the legal technology space. Demonstrates an understanding of trends, challenges and new opportunities; and
- Atlassian collaboration tools Jira and Confluence.
- BA/BS degree required;
- Law firm experience required. Understands fundamentals of how a law firm operates and the functions of key business areas such as Finance, Business Development and Talent Management;
- 3+ years developing, managing and leading a technology team;
- 3+ years successfully delivering complex technology projects;
- 3+ years’ experience in an Applications management or ownership role;
- 3+ working with iManage;
- 3+ working with the Litera suite of products;
- Knowledgeable in PowerBI and has experience in the development and delivery of reporting to the business;
- 3+ working with SharePoint;
- Familiarity with software architecture, programming languages including C#, along with application programming interfaces (APIs);
- Familiarity with database architecture and in particular Microsoft SQL Server;
- Strong communication and documentation skills;
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Experienced in budgeting and forecasting; and
- Experienced in project tracking and reporting.
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Our client is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining an exemption on medical or religious grounds.