JMS Technical Solutions, Inc. as Recruiter
The Talent Source
Senior Software Engineer – Remote
This is a full-time / direct-hire / remote position
Our client is looking for a ML Developer who will join their existing team and participate in the development of interpreting and analyzing machine learning models and tune it for new scenarios (different locations, different farm environments etc.). The ML developer will collaborate with a team of multidisciplinary engineers and researchers to tackle challenges related to the building of production ready machine learning models for the dairy industry. This role requires good software engineering skills and coding practices as well as being well versed with the fundamentals of computer vision and machine learning. The ideal candidate must also have the experience and problem-solving abilities necessary to extract insights and discover patterns within messy, real-world data sets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to understand an end-to-end product development/deployment lifecycle.
- Fundamental understanding in developing machine learning models for real-world problems (a product oriented approach).
- Fundamental understanding to develop, construct, test and maintain architectures, deploy machine learning methods and models.
- Ability to have a constant eye on how innovations in the field of machine learning and the improvements that are used for predictive modeling can be applied to our problems.
- Help the data engineers and data scientists to build strategies that optimize and improve data efficiency and reliability from sensors.
- Thoroughly test and objectively evaluate the scope of validity of any R&D and data deliverables
- Work collaboratively with other data scientists, software developers and engineers to build high quality predictive models for multiple farms
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s. or Master’s degree in Computer science, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in data analysis, software development, machine learning modeling etc.
- Strong programming skills in Python (must have) and/or R(a plus)
- Experience with data visualizations (numpy, pandas, opencv, scikit-image, matplotlib, seaborn etc.)
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Experience in using AWS (S3, Sage Maker) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Works effectively in small teams
- Experience in working in an agile environment, using project management and reporting tools (e.g., Confluence, Jira etc)
Work is remote (from home). Some travel may be required from time to time.
This position requires sitting and standing, sometimes for extended periods of time, for meetings or work, operating a personal computer, visually inspecting documents and forms
Salary range based on experience: $130,000 – $140,000
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws