We have an opening for a Senior Software Engineer (ServiceNow Systems Engineer).
The Senior Software Engineer works with IT infrastructure, operations, and business stakeholders to identify, document, and implement solutions, including enhancements and customizations to meet usage requirements. Additionally, the position will include maintaining the ServiceNow hosted environments, performing upgrades, testing, migrations, and providing problem research and resolution support as required.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Administrative, Developer, and Technical support for ServiceNow environments;
- Work with stakeholders and analysts to understand and recommend solutions to meet business requirements;
- Leverage knowledge and experience of Service Management processes to design and deliver an exceptional user experience;
- Implementation and compliance to Service Management (ITSM) program including process and practice discipline;
- Understanding and awareness of system dependencies, relationships, and integration points to ensure proper solution integration with other systems when applicable;
- Interface with analysts, vendors, stakeholders, and management as necessary;
- Perform workflow customization, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, and system configuration;
- Problem and defect investigation, resolution interacting with the ServiceNow users, vendor and related support sites; and
- Demonstrate behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 3+ years ServiceNow working experience in administration, engineering, design;
- Experience in 3 or more implementations of ServiceNow for Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration Management, and Service Catalog;
- Ability to work on assignments with minimal supervision within the high-performing team;
- Ability to appropriately respond and adapt to changing priorities;
- Position requires project delivery skills and experience working directly with stakeholders, management, business customers, vendors and technical IT teams;
- Experience and understanding of IT infrastructure services that include virtual/cloud environments, vendor service integrations, modern networking/edge/WAN and cloud security systems, desktop/end user support, etc.;
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Working knowledge of IT Service Management best practices and framework (e.g., ITIL); Familiarity with ITIL V3/V4; certification desired; and
- Strong work ethic and commitment to continuous professional development.