We have an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer.
This position may sit in any of our U.S. offices, with a preference for Los Angeles.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a member of a team of senior systems engineers and is an expert in core infrastructure technologies including networking, storage, compute, messaging and mobility systems, cloud-based services, and operational security. The Senior Systems Engineer develops, implements and maintains expert technical solutions for all new and existing systems.
In this capacity, the Senior Systems Engineer will:
- Design, implement and manage Firm systems including networks, storage, Exchange, physical and virtual servers, Active Directory and Group Policy, Certificate Services, authentication systems, and remote access and mobility systems;
- Administer and support cloud-based systems and related services (e.g Azure, Office365, AWS);
- Oversee and ensure the optimal performance of systems;
- Perform frequent and long-term maintenance in addition to management of user facing tasks;
- Provide expert level support through escalated technical support;
- Acts as mentor to other IT internal team members in the areas of network and system operations across the Firm;
- Prepare and distribute technical documentation for all assigned systems and projects involving processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides, training and change management logs;
- Establish and maintain relationships with IT external customers, vendors and partners;
- Participate in on-call rotation;
- Some overtime and/or non-standard hours, and travel may be required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degrees in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field (preferred);
- Minimum 5 years working with Citrix and VMWare technologies;
- Minimum of 5 years in the capacity of System Engineer over Microsoft server systems;
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, building, securing and managing virtualization technologies based on the VMWare stack (ESXi, vCenter);
- Experience working with vSAN and NSX;
- Minimum of 7 years of systems analysis;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with storage technologies;
- Ability to manage enterprise wide technology infrastructure;
- Ability to manage multiple infrastructure components;
- Solid working knowledge of encryption technologies;
- Foundational knowledge of ITIL (certification preferred);
- Working knowledge of Agile, KanBan or similar project methodologies;
- Expert proficiency in design and implementation of IT infrastructure systems in large scale Microsoft Windows-based enterprise environments;
- Expert proficiency in Active Directory design, support and administration;
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in IP networks (LAN / WAN, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, WiFi) design, engineering and management;
- Expert proficiency in network and storage design and maintenance (SAN – Storage Area Network, NAS – Network Attached Storage);
- Expert proficiency in a variety of systems, servers and protocols (Citrix, VMware, Windows Server, TCP/IP, DNS, Active Directory);
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell;
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise backup software; and
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge in cyber risk and system hardening technics.