JMS Technical Solutions Inc. as Recruiter
The Talent Source
Senior Network Administrator
We have an opening for a Senior Network Administrator in our Los Angeles office.
Under the direct supervision of the Network Operations Manager and the indirect supervision of the Director of Engineering, the Senior Network Administrator supports daily Firmwide network and system operations and provides second level support to the User Support group, local IT Managers and other departments, as needed.
In this capacity, the Senior Network Administrator will:
- Provide Firmwide network and server monitoring and support, including monitoring of system health and availability, as well as daily administration of all backup and disaster recovery operations;
- Manage and participate in projects for new system implementations and monitoring; Implement and administer new monitoring tools and processes to improve the proactive monitoring of Firmwide networks and systems;
- Perform daily administrative operations related to the management of all datacenters, IT infrastructure systems and back office applications; Create, document and enforce standardized procedures for supporting the network infrastructure and back office applications;
- Provide second level support to the User Support group, local IT managers and other departments;
- Configure and deploy physical and virtual servers; Configure and manage network devices, remote access systems, and network print queues; Administer IT infrastructure services, including authentication, name resolution and other IP services;
- Supervise and collaborate with outside IT consultants and vendors;
- Inform the IT department and all levels of Firm management of planned and unplanned system outages in a manner consistent with established communication, escalation and change control policies;
- Work overtime as required, including nights and weekends; Provide 24-7 support to all offices; Respond to support issues with the highest degree of time sensitivity; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
- Degree program or equivalent experience, if necessary;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Information System or related field (preferred);
- Experience with LAN / WAN monitoring, support, and administration;
- At least 3 years’ technical experience, monitoring and administering a Cisco based switched network;
- At least 5 years’ technical experience, building and supporting Windows Server operating systems;
- At least 5 years’ technical experience, building and supporting virtual servers;
- Minimum Cisco and Microsoft certifications (CCNA and MCP);
- Expert-level proficiency in network and server management and monitoring tools;
- Expert-level proficiency in Windows Server;
- Advanced-level proficiency in Active Directory and Group Policy administration;
- Advanced-level proficiency in Exchange 2010 administration;
- Advanced-level proficiency in Cisco Router and Switch configurations and troubleshooting;
- Advanced-level proficiency in VMWare and HyperV provisioning and management tools;
- Advanced-level proficiency in tape backup systems, including tape libraries;
- Fundamental-level proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Fundamental-level proficiency in Citrix XenApp Server 5.0 or later;
- Fundamental-level proficiency in Document Management Systems; and
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network – including DNS, WINS and DHCP.